It is a great relief to stay in a home that is well protected. This happens when you follow some safety tips, especially, while choosing a PIN for the home security systems. Most of the people rely on the security system alone and choose a PIN that is easy to guess.
People choose numbers like their birthday dates, anniversary dates, or anything that reflects their personal details, bank details, etc. This is most often the common mistake committed by most of the residents when choosing a PIN number for their ADT Ottawa security systems. They also fail to add an extra layer to the security system by using an additional PIN or the master PIN.
Tips to keep your home secure
- Choose a bunch of numbers that do not reflect any of your personal details
- A complicated number system that does not have repeated numbers is ideal
- Make sure the numbers are also not in series
- Change the PIN often and do not give it to anyone except family members
- The set up wizard is user friendly to change the master PIN anytime
- The number that you select should not have a record anywhere